Description provided by Editors
This gracious sandstone building, opened in 1913, served as the residence of Alberta’s Lieutenant Governors. The mansion was closed in 1938 and was used as a Second World War veterans’ hospital from 1944 to 1951. Then, in 1976, after extensive restoration, Government House was reopened as the province’s official government conference centre. Tours available to the public Sat, Sun & holidays from 11 am – 4:30 pm. Admission is free.