“Last year I put 90 days on my pass, the most ever. And I’ve been skiing Marmot Basin for 24 years,” says Matt Doig. He credits the joys of Marmot’s new Canadian Rockies Express for much of his increased slope time:
• Rising bottom to top in 7.5 minutes, this is the Canadian Rockies longest high-speed quad. It’s easy to cycle four times and ski 3000 vertical m (10,000 ft) an hour.
• The huge capacity of the Canadian Rockies Express has virtually eliminated lift lines.
• Riders get a full view of the Terrain Park action.
• From the top of the new lift, skiers access an incredible variety of terrain plus all other lifts on the mountain.
• The Canadian Rockies Express terminates at 2300 m (7500 ft) and above-treeline views of Jasper framed by Pyramid Mountain, and Athabasca Valley peaks.—JN