Interior of the Chinese Cultural Centre. Photo: Courtesy Travel Alberta.
This Saturday, the annual Chinatown Street Festival takes place in the vibrant historic area between Centre Street and First Street SE and along Second Avenue and Third Avenue SE.
Savour the flavours of authentic Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese and Chinese eats in the Dragon City Mall shopping complex or at one of the food booths located along Third Avenue. Merchant booths will also be set up along Third Avenue with various clothing, accessories and gifts for sale. Karaoke, tai chi and other demonstrations will be held along Second Avenue SE. (more…)
St James's Gate has live music Fri-Sat
Why limit evening activities to dinner and conversation? Kate Hutchison, front desk supervisor at Banff Caribou Lodge, recommends these activities for a fun night out:
- Gather your friends at Cascade Ponds picnic site for a moonlit fire in the designated fire boxes. Bring marshmallows and roasting sticks!
- Go for an evening dip at the Banff Upper Hot Springs. Open until 11 pm (last admission at 10:30 pm), the springs are more mystic and serene at night.
- Live band aficionados appreciate Wild Bill’s and Rose & Crown where local and touring groups play. Sing your heart out Tuesdays from 10 pm during karaoke night at Wild Bill’s.
- Catch a show at The Banff Centre, a globally respected venue for the performing arts. Enjoy dance, classical and popular music, theatre, opera, film, new media, literary readings and more.
- Dance the night away at Aurora or Hoodoo. DJs mix everything from top 40 to old school and hip hop. Hoodoo’s hosts ladies night Tuesdays. —RM