Canadian Rockies Express Lift at Marmot Basin
Marmot Basin leads Canadian ski areas with three new chairlifts in as many years. You can ride:
• The Canadian Rockies Express that debuted in 2009/10 is the region’s longest high-speed quad. Rising from base to the top in 7.5 minutes, skiers can cycle four times and ski 10,000 vertical feet in an hour!
• The new Paradise high-speed quad chair is 71% longer and more accessible than the triple chair it replaced. It goes to the upper area of the mountain in 4.6 minutes at twice the speed of its predecessor.
• The new lower mountain School House triple chair is more comfortable and easier to use than the T-bar it replaced. It services Marmot’s new Learning Area.
These new chairs have big benefits. Lift lines have been virtually eliminated. From the top of the quads skiers enjoy superb views, and access all other lifts plus an amazing variety of green to black terrain.—JN
Marmot Basin's Canadian Rockies Express high-speed quad by Frederic Legault
“Last year I put 90 days on my pass, the most ever. And I’ve been skiing Marmot Basin for 24 years,” says Matt Doig. He credits the joys of Marmot’s new Canadian Rockies Express for much of his increased slope time:
• Rising bottom to top in 7.5 minutes, this is the Canadian Rockies longest high-speed quad. It’s easy to cycle four times and ski 3000 vertical m (10,000 ft) an hour.
• The huge capacity of the Canadian Rockies Express has virtually eliminated lift lines.
• Riders get a full view of the Terrain Park action.
• From the top of the new lift, skiers access an incredible variety of terrain plus all other lifts on the mountain.
• The Canadian Rockies Express terminates at 2300 m (7500 ft) and above-treeline views of Jasper framed by Pyramid Mountain, and Athabasca Valley peaks.—JN
Sunshine Village (Photo: Richard Hallman)
Seven ski areas, tons of snow and a November through May ski season. A world-class combination of ski terrain, high-speed lifts and on-hill amenities. No wonder Banff, Jasper and area draws skiers and snowboarders from around the world. Read on for insider ideas to help you make the most of your time on the slopes. (more…)