By Kaitlyn Forde
Canmore Folk Fest
Don’t miss our summer music festival highlights:
>> For more Canadian Rockies activities, shops, restaurants and entertainment, read our digital magazine.
>> Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at whererockies and tag your Canadian Rockies posts and photos with #whererockies
Known for music that is strong and clear, Leela Gilday’s soulful songs will move you. She is recognized as one of Canada’s most important Northern artists and has won numerous awards including a Juno. Gilday is playing at The Banff Centre (tickets 403-762-6301) this Saturday October 10th.
St James's Gate has live music Fri-Sat
Why limit evening activities to dinner and conversation? Kate Hutchison, front desk supervisor at Banff Caribou Lodge, recommends these activities for a fun night out:
- Gather your friends at Cascade Ponds picnic site for a moonlit fire in the designated fire boxes. Bring marshmallows and roasting sticks!
- Go for an evening dip at the Banff Upper Hot Springs. Open until 11 pm (last admission at 10:30 pm), the springs are more mystic and serene at night.
- Live band aficionados appreciate Wild Bill’s and Rose & Crown where local and touring groups play. Sing your heart out Tuesdays from 10 pm during karaoke night at Wild Bill’s.
- Catch a show at The Banff Centre, a globally respected venue for the performing arts. Enjoy dance, classical and popular music, theatre, opera, film, new media, literary readings and more.
- Dance the night away at Aurora or Hoodoo. DJs mix everything from top 40 to old school and hip hop. Hoodoo’s hosts ladies night Tuesdays. —RM