Greetings from WHERE Toronto! We love this city, love the people, love the vibe, the restaurants, the shows, the stores, the streets. So join with us as we take you on a whirlwind seven neighbourhood tour of Toronto. All of them are in the downtown area, within walking distance of all downtown hotels. We’ve added how-to-get-there information, told you what each neighbourhood is noted for, what to eat, what to buy, even, in some cases, where to take a photo.
But Toronto’s neighbourhoods abound. The seven on the following pages are only a starting point. Yonge and Eglinton, Mount Pleasant, Queen Street West and West Queen West, Corso Italia, Riverdale, Little India, Upper Village, Eglinton Way, Bloorcourt, Unionville, Bloor West Village, The Kingsway—all have their own distinct identities.
WHY WILL YOU LOVE TORONTO?
1) The people are friendly
2) The restaurants—you can get every national cuisine under the sun here. And there are more four-star establishments and Wine Spectator—award winning cellars than you can imagine
3) Lots of things that started in Toronto, like Tilley Endurables, Canadian fur coats and stoles, M.A.C cosmetics, John Fluevog Shoes, and many others, like designer sunglasses, have favourable price points
4) Buy right from the shops of such big-name designers as Sunny Choi, Lida Baday and Brian Bailey
5) The nightlife parties on and the city is safe to walk day and night
6) It’s clean
7) We have more spirit than you can shake a stick at
8) Because we love you, too!
Seriously, thank you for coming to our city. We understand it might have been a difficult decision. Now give us a chance to show you that it was the correct one.
Head out! See the sights! Smile at people! We’ll smile back, promise.