Have an appetite for empanadas? A hankering for Spanish ham? Perhaps a craving
for coconut cream pie? Our 75 favourite menu items are sure to satisfy almost any
GRAB AND GO
• Carousel Bakery in St. Lawrence Market is home to a world-famous peameal bacon sandwich. A generous pile of back bacon on a kaiser, it’s known to be favoured by the likes of Emeril Lagasse and Bobby Flay. $5.75.
• The poutine at Poutini’s House of Poutine is made with hand-cut fries and fresh cheese curds, and smothered with traditional or vegetarian gravy simmered for at least eight hours. $4.99.
• Snatch one of eight creative renditions of the classic comfort grilled cheese sandwich at Kensington Market’s The Grilled Cheese (66 Nassau St., 647-347-7062). $6 to $8.
• The smoked meat sandwich at Caplansky’s Delicatessen is a mound of tender smoked beef served traditionally: on rye with a pickle on the side. $8.
• The curried apricot and red lentil soup with lime crème fraîche from RaviSoups (322 Adelaide St. W., 647-435-8365) comes with a flaky cheddar cheese biscuit. $7.99
• Make a healthy choice: soft-serve frozen kefir sweetened with organic cane sugar at DeKefir. Top it with fresh fruit, house-made muesli and more. $3.30 to $7.70.
• The barbecued pulled pork sandwich from The Stockyards makes for a quick, dirty, and delicious meal. Tender apple- and hickory-smoked pork shoulder is finished with coleslaw and tangy barbecue sauce. $8.