1. The wonder of liquid nitrogen ice cream from Colborne Lane prepared tableside.
2. Catching a live performance by the iconic Liza—with a z—Minnelli on October 28.
3. Jousting knights on horseback at Medieval Times.
4. Seeing the city on two wheels with the rental of Bixi Bikes; return them to many conveniently located docking stations in the downtown core.
5. Serpentine sculptures handmade by Native Canadian artists from Eskimo Art Gallery.
6. Colourful vintage French posters adorning the butter-hued walls at Biff’s.
7. Hopeful hockey fans eagerly anticipating another season with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
8. Lush and vibrant floral arrangements hand picked bloom by bloom by Michael Pellegrino at Teatro Verde.
9. Sampling chesses crafted and aged on site at Pangaea.
10. Buying organic, made-in-Canada onesies for tots from Mini Mioche.
11. Relishing the fab footwear of your favourite Canadian singers in the Juno Sole exhibit at the Bata Shoe Museum, where Nelly Furtado’s patent leather boots and Shania Twain’s fluorescent high tops share the spotlight.
12. Indulging in a Canadian classic at Poutini’s House of Poutine.
13. Identifying celebrity cigar aficinados from the wall of famous faces who have visited Thomas Hinds Tobacconist.
14. Settling in for a night of swinging jazz music at the Trane Studio.
15. Artfully prepared dim sum by master chef Terrence Chan at Lai Wah Heen—they’re almost too pretty to eat.
16. Shopping for designer apparel at super elegant The Room in The Bay with exclusives by the likes of Balmain and Halston.
17. A leisurely walk in tranquil Mount Pleasant Cemetery to admire the fall foliage.
18. Starting the day with an authentic subcontinent breakfast of masala omelette at Jaipur Grille.
19. Building castles, spaceships and more at the LEGO store’s play space.
20. Perusing the vast selection of maps from yesteryear at Alexander Antique Prints, Maps & Books.
21. The sculptural Walker Court staircase at the Art Gallery of Ontario—it’s as stunning as some of the historic treasures housed here.
22. Experiencing the ultimate massage at Sweetgrass Spa: the Lomi Lomi, in which continuous strokes unknot muscles.
23. Being guarded by a bouncer in a Soviet military uniform at Pravda Vodka Bar.
24. Biting into a gourmet hot dog at Burkie’s Dog House at the Air Canada Centre.
25. Celebrating Halloween with scary rides and haunted houses at Fear Fest at Canada’s Wonderland.
26. Tucking into classic Italian fare at the light-filled Aria.
27. A power lunch of sushi and sake at Financial District hot spot Blowfish.
28. Perusing the shelves of children’s books at the cozy and colourful Mabel’s Fables.
29. Going back in time to see the painstakingly restored Spadina Museum: Historic House and Gardens, the home of financier James Austin.
30. Sipping a tipple of your choice fireside at the Park Hyatt’s intimate Roof Lounge.