Toast the new year with this festive Cranberry Bellini, an updated version of the Italian classic, created by Hendrick’s Gin Brand Champion, Charlotte Voisey. We think it will make the perfect addition to any New Year’s Eve party.
• 1 oz (30 mL) Hendrick’s Gin (which recently won gold for “Best Distilled Gin” at the 2011 International Spirits Challenge)
• 1 oz (30 mL) cranberry juice
• 1 oz (30 mL) simple syrup
• 1/2 oz (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
• 4 oz (120 mL) champagne
• Combine ingredients in a mixing glass (except champagne)
• Shake well
• Strain into a flute glass
• Top with champagne
• Garnish with a sugared cranberry
*To make simple syrup: Bring equal parts sugar and water to a boil. Stir to dissolve and then let cool.