1. Spend a sunny day exploring the Muskoka Wharf in Gravenhurst. The waterfront village boasts a handful of shops and restaurants, a lovely lakeside boardwalk, and the Muskoka Boat and Heritage Centre.
2. If on-water activities aren’t your cup of tea, consider buying a road or mountain bike and get pedalling around the Muskoka region. Ecclestone Cycle in Bracebridge and The Bike Shop in Gravenhurst are among the area’s respected purveyors.
3. Investigate the recently renewed dining options at Windermere House. Its restaurants are now operated by leading fine-dining and event management company Oliver and Bonacini, ensuring culinary excellence at the property’s Windermere Pub, Rosseau Grill and PJ’s Lounge.
4. The concert season is getting underway at Parry Sound’s Charles W. Stockey Centre. On May 27, catch a performance by award-winning female folk/pop duo Dala.
5. Help support the Huntsville Festival of the Arts at its annual May Marché. The event, at Deerhurst Resort on May 27, offers an evening of food sampling from acclaimed area restaurants, as well as wines and spirits, and a silent auction.
6. Make a splash with the kids by taking them to Port Severn’s Just Add Water Festival, from May 27 to 29. It features musical performances, a creative artists market, educational activities and much more.
7. Catch a highly anticipated show at Peter’s Place Live—Dave Matthews Band collaborator Tim Reynolds brings his unique guitar stylings to Muskoka on May 29.