Summer is approaching, and that means the resorts, attractions, restaurants and boutiques of Muskoka are getting set for high season up north! It also means that it’s time for another summer of Where Muskoka’s top things to do in the region. Check back weekly for our fresh picks!
1. Book your first tee time of the season at one of Muskoka’s premier golf courses, Deerhurst Highlands. If you’re feeling rusty, take a few hacks on the driving range before heading to the first hole.
2. Take the family to Sudbury’s Science North, where four floors of exhibitions offer a fun and educational introduction to the Canadian Shield biosphere.
3. Stock up on all your cottaging essentials—from watersports equipment to dock and patio furniture—at Port Carling’s Indian River Trading Company.
4. If your summer home needs a bit of sprucing up, pay a visit to Muskoka Living Interiors for 35,000 square feet of design inspiration.
5. If the drive north has you feeling peckish, drop in to The Bakery in Gravenhurst
(141 Brock St., 705-687-2579) for a sweet snack of butter tarts, Nanaimo bars and more.
6. Saturday, May 21 marks opening day for Muskoka Heritage Place‘s pioneer village and steam train. Kids are sure to get a kick out of riding on the vintage locomotive!
7. One of Canada’s favourite bands, Blue Rodeo, returns to Muskoka to headline two concerts at The Kee to Bala, March 21 and 22. Let Jim Cuddy and co. start your cottaging season off right with a performance of their classic hits and recent favourites.