1. Major Canadian talent makes the trip to Muskoka this week, as acclaimed singer-songwriter Ron Sexsmith takes the stage for two shows at Peter’s Place Live on July 23 and 24.
2. Check out the latest pleasure crafts and cottage accessories from July 22 to 24, as Gravenhurst’s Muskoka Wharf hosts the annual In-Water Boat and Cottage Show. If all that salivating (at boats) makes you actually hungry, you’re in luck, the Muskoka Cottage Brewery lounge, also on-site, offers a filling Ribfest, too.
3. If you prefer watercrafts with a more classic look, why not considering helming a wooden boat for a few days? Muskoka Launch Livery, based in Port Carling, offers short-term rentals of these vintage-style cruisers.
4. The ever popular Festival of the Sound continues this week, with a variety of fine performances and lectures on classical music taking place at the Charles W. Stockey Centre.
5. Stroll the streets of Bracebridge and get a view of some local visuals—Art in the Heart places artists and artisans in the public spaces of Bracebridge’s historic town all weekend long.
6. Celebrate a Canadian literary icon at Bala’s Museum with Memories of Lucy Maud Montgomery. On July 23, its annual Everything Anne event commemorates Anne of Green Gables with quaint activities, cake and more.
7. The Huntsville Festival of the Arts closes the book on yet another successful year with much-anticipated performances by jazz pianist Oliver Jones on July 22 and Crash Test Dummies on July 23.