Wide-open prairie summer skies demand stylish sunglasses. Whether it’s oversized Jackie Os for lounging poolside or sporty shades for rousing beach volleyball tourneys, treat your eyes to a pair of spectacular new sunnies.
1. Bohemian stylistas will want to flock to Hoopers Bazaar. This Exchange District shop stocks authentic deadstock vintage frames from the 1960s and ’70s (pictured). 70 Albert St, 204-943-5240.
2. Water sport specialist NBS Board Sports & Apparel is the place for high-quality UV-blocking shades made for hitting the water, from respected lifestyle brands like Electric Visual. 1580 Taylor Ave, 204-654-9740.
3. Of course, you can’t go wrong with a classic pair of Oakleys. Winnipeg’s Oakley Optical boasts an impressive selection to appeal to every style. 1570 Kenaston Blvd, 204-489-2146.
4. For contemporary wear-to-work looks, Osborne Spectacle Centre has you covered. This Osborne Village optical shop is known for its sleek, modern Scandanvian eyewear. 134 Osborne St, 204-477-1636.
5. If it’s fashion-forward frames you’re after, head to Para Mix. Look for ultra-trendy tortoiseshells or glamour-puss cat eyes in the eclectic display case. 108‑100 Osborne St, 204-453‑8626.
Get more stories about Canada’s best restaurants, hotels and shops delivered to you every other week with the Where Canada Travel Tips & Deals Newsletter. Sign up here!
TRAVELLING TO WINNIPEG? YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
• 20 Free Fun Things to Do in Winnipeg
• Where to Shop in the Wolseley District
• The Best Sandwich Spots in Winnipeg
• 5 Best Spots to Grab a Winnipeg Sausage