Unleash your inner child with fun trinket and knick-knack stores at some of Winnipeg’s greatest family attractions. These toy stores will keep your kids, and yourself, amused for hours.
1. In the heart of the historic Exchange District, the stacked shelves at Toad Hall Toys will peak your interest. Pick up a Big Bang Rocket for a day of outdoor play. Simply fling overhead, let go and watch it fly sky-high, eventually hitting the ground with a bang. 204-956-2195, 54 Arthur St.
2. While visiting the Johnston Terminal at The Forks, walk through Kite and Kaboodle for every sky-flying toy you could ever imagine. Let loose with the Aerobie Superdisc, which is designed aerodynamically for effortlessly long throws. 25 Forks Market Rd, 204-942-2800.
3. The Children’s Museum Shop is the perfect stop after your adventure through Winnipeg’s biggest kid zone. Snatch up a Hatchin’ Grow Dino (pictured) to bring a piece of the experience home. 45 Forks Market Rd, 204-924-4000.
4. Fell in love with the growling tigers during your visit to the zoo? Zoo Gift Shop, at the East Gate has you covered, with plush, adorable animal hand puppets complete with animated sound and soft, cuddly faces. Assiniboine Park Zoo, 54 Zoo Dr, 204-927-6061.
5. After travelling back in time at the the Manitoba Museum, hit its gift shop for unique kids toys like a dinosaur skeleton excavation kit, complete with digging tool and dusting brush. 190 Rupert Ave, 204-956-2830.