contest rules – where to dine vancouver
The Where magazine Where to Dine Contest is provided by Where Vancouver magazine and the individual prize sponsors (the “Contest Sponsors”). All questions regarding the contest rules should be directed to Where Vancouver magazine at 2208 Spruce Street, Vancouver, BC, V6H 2P3.
1. Only one entry per person. No purchase necessary. Eligible persons may enter by completing and submitting an original entry form available online at www.where.ca/contests. Any person entering more than once will be automatically disqualified. To participate, fully complete the Official Entry Form.
2. This contest starts on February 1, 2011 12:01 AM ET and ends on January 31, 2012 at 5:00 PM ET.
3. All entries become the property of Where Vancouver magazine and none shall be returned.
4. One (1) winner will be selected to win the grand prize of: one (1) BC Ferries Vacations Package (valued at $700CDN), which includes return ferry travel for two aboard BC Ferries and two (2) nights accommodation at Black Rock Oceanfront Resort in Ucluelet.
Sponsor represents and warrants to St. Joseph Media that the fair market value of the prize is $700.
5. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before 5:00 p.m. (EST) on the contest closing date of January 31, 2012. Where Vancouver magazine is not responsible for any entries, which are incomplete, lost, destroyed, delayed, or not transmitted due to technical failure, however caused.
6. The winners will be selected by February 15, 2012. The selected entrants will be notified by phone or e-mail within 72 hours of the draw. In the event that a selected entrant does not comply with these Contest Rules and Regulations, or cannot be contacted within 24 hours of the draw, an alternate entrant will be selected from the remaining entries. The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received and on the originality of the entrant’s written submission. The prize must be accepted as awarded, is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Where Vancouver magazine reserves the right to substitute any portion of the prize with a prize of equal value whatsoever. All federal, provincial and municipal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
7. This Contest is open to all residents of Canada, excluding residents of Quebec, and excluding employees of St. Joseph Media and their respective interactive, advertising and promotional agencies, persons with whom any of the above are domiciled and/or members of their respective immediate families.
8. The entrants selected for a prize will be required to correctly answer a time limited skill testing question before being declared a prize winner. The prize winner must sign the Waiver/Release of liability as a condition to and in advance of receiving the prize in favour of Where Vancouver magazine and the other sponsors such that none of them shall be liable for the use or misuse of the Prize (parent or legal guardian will be asked to sign this form on behalf of the winner if the selected winner is under the age of 18). Where Vancouver magazine and the other sponsors assume no responsibility for the participation in the contest, or any liability, claims, demands, actions, loss, damage or personal injury that may be sustained by either the winner of the Prize or his/her guest.
9. Participation in the contest constitutes permission to Where Vancouver magazine and the sponsors and their agencies to use the name, photograph and/or likeness of the winner (and his/her guest) purposes of promotion, advertising, and trade without further compensation.
10. By participating in this contest, all entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and Regulations. The decisions of the contest judges are final. Where Vancouver magazine and the sponsors are not responsible for any typographical error in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest. Where Vancouver magazine reserves the right to withdraw or terminate the contest at any time without prior notice or to change the Rules and Regulations. Contact or correspondence will occur only with selected entrants. This contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and Municipal Laws and regulations.