Husband and wife team share secrets of their success:
• Mike & Anna/Cassio’s Trattoria After 30 years, this pair run a tight ship. “Our staff give the best service,” says Mike.
• Stew & Kim/Bear’s Paw Bakery Two locations keep their relationship fresh as their bread. “It’s nice to have our own space,” notes Kim with a smile.
• Tom & Litza/Villa Caruso Steak House Hard work and respect are longstanding values. “Our staff are like family,” says Litza.
• George & Rebekah/The Palisades “Shirley and Louis support us, from help in the kitchen to babysitting our kids,” says Rebekah of her parents who are also the restaurant’s previous owners.
• Dennis & Toula/Miss Italia “We share a passion for cooking,” says Toula of their 50-year partnership.
• Mike & Cyndi/Evil Dave’s Raising 5 kids taught this couple that “we complement each other’s strengths,” says Mike.
• Alex & Helen/Something Else Steak House They keep to what they know best—he runs the kitchen and she manages the front. “Communicate and all is good,” advises Helen. —Nora O’Malley