From Our Home to Yours
Victoria’s beautiful West Coast setting is renowned for inspiring everyone from creative craft brewers to fab fashionistas….Here are a few made-in-Victoria treasures well worth sampling:
• Rogers Chocolates – sweet treats to tempt your tastebuds or take home for your special someone. The Victoria-themed tins make for a beautiful keepsake.
• Victoria Gin – Adding to Victoria’s rich agritourism scene, the folks at Victoria Gin prepare each numbered batch by hand, crafting an “intensely flavoured spirit that is as full-bodied and complex as a fine single-malt whisky.”
• ‘Chosin Pottery – Discover simply stunning pieces hand-crafted by renowned potters Judi Dyelle and Robin Hopper at their studio surrounded by gardens and forest.
• Muse Wine – Sample the award-winning vintages at this quaint, Saanich Peninsula winery with its own vineyard, tasting room and bistro.
• Knotty by Nature – Knitters will want to visit this delightful shop in the Fairfield neighbourhood, just past downtown, for its wide variety of local wools and wares.
• Phillips Brewing – The fantastic labels alone are worth the purchase, but enthusiasts know it’s what’s inside that counts! Enjoy these beauties straight from the brewery, or choose your new favourites from one of Victoria’s local liquor stores.
• Sandalman at Heart & Sole – There are few better ways to greet summer than with a new pair of sandals…expect maybe a pair of sandals handcrafted just for you! Visit Heart & Sole shoes on Cook Street to learn about Sandalman Sandals – these local treasures will keep your toes tapping.
A Gift from the Heart
Stop by Jade Victoria to discover a unique keepsake from your Victoria vacation. The shop boasts a wide variety of gifts for both men and women, including desk accessories, decor pieces and jewellery. During a recent visit we were particularly taken with this charming heart-shaped pendant – perfect for you or your special someone.
Spring Forward into Summer Fashions
From bold geometric prints in black and navy to feminine florals, the Bay Centre’s Melanie Lyne is celebrating spring – and summer – with a line of fashions both fresh and elegant. Sophisticated staples like blouses and sheath dresses are re-envisioned with abstract and geometric prints, or take your outfit from day to evening with sequins and silk. Beautiful!