In a glimmering party room at downtown Toronto’s InterContinental hotel last week, travel enthusiasts, bloggers and at least one Food Network celebrity gathered for an exciting announcement from American Express Canada and the AIR MILES Reward Program. A new product would be unveiled that would change the way the modern traveller booked tickets, scouted activities, found hotel rooms and planned journeys.
The big reveal: the American Express AIR MILES Reserve Credit Card.
Howard Grosfield, the President and CEO of Amex Bank of Canada, was on hand to explain how the Reserve Card, an extension of the American Express and AIR MILES partnership, has been in the making for over a year. The companies wanted to create a product for avid globetrotters who know that certain benefits—luxury airport lounges, flexible booking dates, easy class upgrades, local expertise—can turn the taxing elements of travel into pleasures.
With exceptional customer care at the heart of American Express, Howard explained that his company is always looking for ways to deliver award-winning, personalized, 24/7 service and provide Cardmembers with exclusive entertainment experiences, access to unique travel perks, and rich rewards programs. This new Card is a natural extension, merging the strengths of both companies to deliver a program that’s not just about earning and redeeming points, but also adding luxury, convenience, security and personalized service to the overall travel experience.
The American Express AIR MILES Reserve Card offers Cardmembers the following advantages:
Redeem points for flights outside of the usual AIR MILES network of airlines, seats, destinations and classes.
• Take that someone special with them on one trip per year, with the annual Companion Flight Benefit.
• Use AIR MILES reward miles to pay for taxes and fees when booking flights through the program.
• Take advantage of exclusive AIR MILES Concierge Service, offering personalized travel planning
• Receive four complementary visits to more than 600 airport lounges worldwide.
• Breeze through the security by using the Priority Security Lane at Toronto Pearson Airport.
• Feel safe, thanks to extensive medical, theft and flight delay insurance.
• All of this comes on top of American Express’s popular standard programs like Front Of The Line (which provides access and VIP treatment at some of Canada’s hottest events) and 24/7 phone service.
This post is sponsored by American Express Canada. To learn more about the American Express-AIR MILES Reserve Card, please visit americanexpress.ca/welcomeamreserve