1. Enjoy a side plate of nostalgia (or crispy bacon) with your brunch at the retro Route 99 — a great spot for cheap and hearty eats hot from the skillet.
Route 99 | 8820 99 St. | 780-432-0968
2. Visit Cora for healthy, feel-good food, as its delicate crêpes and scrumptious omelettes are accompanied by a heap of fresh fruit.
South: #111, 2920 Calgary Tr. | 780-465-2672
West: 9977-178 St. | 780-487-8898
3. Artisan Resto Café puts a gourmet touch on brunch by accompanying each farm-fresh egg specialty with straight-from-the-oven artisan bread.
Artisan Resto Café | 10732 Whyte (82) Ave. | 780-413-8045
4. With a wide variety of house-made bagels and decadent toppings — such as smoked goose breast or prosciutto — for its eggs benedict, the cozy New York Bagel Café is a rich treat.
New York Bagel Café | 8430 Gateway Blvd. | 780-432-2003
5. Under the High Wheel partners its comfort food — think waffles under dollops of heavy cream and sweet chocolate drizzle — with seasonal, sustainable, and local ingredients.
Under the High Wheel | 10159 Whyte (82) Ave. | 780-439-4442
— Matthew Stepanic