1. Gallery Walk This Saturday, April 18 from 10–5 and Sunday from 12–4, the art galleries on 124 Street will be showcasing incredible works and will also feature drinks, snacks, entertainment, and even a chance to meet the artists themselves!
2. Enjoy an Evening at the Opera The Edmonton Opera is closing out their stage season with the haunting, tragic opera Lucia di Lammermoor that takes place in the Scottish hillside. Performances are on April 18, 21, and 23.
3. Go House Hunting… but not in the traditional sense. Next week, U of A design students will be installing three tree houses in Churchill Sq. as part of a public art installation called Impose. They are going to look like actual mini houses that can be found in our neighbourhoods.
4. Edmonton Poetry Fest kicks off on April 19 and will feature 8 days packed with events such as slam poetry, vintage poetry, and even a night that pairs poetry with whisky!
5. The California Wine Fair is on April 22 at the Citadel Theatre and it is your chance to try more than 400 different wines from the region.
6. For the sports fans, the always-entertaining Harlem Globetrotters are in town from April 24–25.
7. Movie fans will LOVE the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra’s Bond & Beyond on April 25 that will feature hit songs from James Bond movies.
8. Try the Frickin’ Delights Vegan Donuts from the Old Strathcona Farmers’ Market. They are locally made, and are the some of the best donuts we have ever tasted!
9. Avenue Q opens on April 25 at the Citadel. This is a hilarious coming-of-age musical that includes human actors and puppets. Don’t let the puppets fool you though — this is an adult-only show.
10. Lastly, it’s time to update your look for spring! Local blogger Kira Paron of Northern Style Exposure helped us out with some fashion tips this issue like recommending that both men and women pick up something gingham to refresh their look.