5. Lola Lash Bar This First Street spa specializes in everything to do with eyelashes—extensions, tints, perms and false lash strip applications. Certified technicians perform all services. Add-on services include makeup applications, brow waxing and nail polish changes. Lola also has a MacKenzie Towne location.
Where Picks: Eyelash Extensions ($90 for a full set) available in three different styles and applied individually to each lash.
4. RnR Wellness Located in the upscale Fairmont Palliser Hotel, RnR Wellness offers an extensive service menu of massages, facials, manicures, pedicures and waxing. Complementary use of indoor pool, whirlpool and steam room included.
Where Picks: RnR Women’s Classic ($329) includes a 60-minute massage, manicure and pedicure and either an express facial or mineral salt body treatment.
3. Frilly Lilly This cute feminine Calgary-based chain of spas specializes in waxing as well as pedicures, manicures and lash extensions. The spa uses its own label of products, available in a range of sumptuous dessert-inspired scents. Purchase your favourite products at the onsite retail store. Frilly Lilly also has a MacKenzie Towne location.
Where Picks: Brow Wax ($14) for perfectly groomed and shaped brows.
2. Newbury Spa Located just off of 11th Avenue in the Design District, Newbury Spa provides a serene escape from downtown clatter with therapeutic and relaxation massages as well as facials, manicures, pedicures, body wraps and waxing. Complementary pastries and chocolates from Brulee Bakery and Bernard Callebaut are available in the lounge.
Where Picks: The Serenity Spa Package ($309) includes a Swedish registered massage, facial and spa pedicure.
1. Sante Spa Featuring three downtown locations, Sante Spa offers a range of rejuvenating massages, facials, scrubs and wraps, makeup applications and teeth-whitening as well as non-invasive skin and body procedures for men and women.
Where Picks:The Sante Experience ($455) includes a 60-minute relaxation massage, Sante Spa pedicure, luxe facial and a spa gift to take home.Don’t Forget About the Hair! If you’re looking for a speedy hair blowout for a nice occasion (or just because), Blo Dry Bar on First Street offers 30-minute hair styling for $35, and Butter Beauty Parlour in Mission offers a variety of blowouts and hair treatments as well as waxing, manicures, pedicures, waxing and more.
TRAVELLING TO CALGARY? YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
• Calgary’s 10 Best Local Comedy Nights
• The 8 Best Restaurants in Calgary for Canadian Cuisine
• 10 Awesome Activities at Calgary’s Heritage Park