If you’re a Disney fan, you’ll want to visit this year’s Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo in Calgary, AB from April 27 – 30! There are fun activities for all ages including a kids’ zone, a costume contest and costume parade, and a chance to hear from your favourite actors and actresses from Disney movies during fun panels and audience Q&As.
- Calgary Expo is the perfect opportunity to dress up in a costume! Whether you participate in the Parade of Wonders or costume contests, or simply want to dress up to explore Calgary Expo, costumes are encouraged! Whether’s its a Disney Princess dress you bought at a Disney park or a Disneybound outfit you made yourself, channel your favourite character in a fun way!
- Meet the voice of Princess Jasmine from Aladdin, and a true Disney legend, Linda Larkin! This is Larkin’s first trip to Calgary and her first Canada comic convention. Where Calgary interviewed Linda who told us that she’s be “honoured” to be a part of Disney history for 25 years and “grateful for what Aladdin has done for my life and the opportunities it has given me.” Linda was only 21 when she auditioned to be the voice of Jasmine, and she had only been auditioning since she was 18 and never for an animation before. Larkin had no idea that Aladdin was to be a feature film or that she would be working with legendary actors such as Robin Williams. Aladdin has certainly become a Disney classic, and Linda and four other “Disney Princesses” were honoured in 2011 with the Disney Legend Award for significant contribution to Disney history. Hear her panel at 2:30 pm on Saturday, or meet her for a photo and/or autograph on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Patrick Warburton is the voice behind the loveable, laughable Kronk from The Emperor’s New Groove, and he’s Chief Flight Attendant Patrick from everyone’s favourite ride safety video — the one that plays before Soarin’ in Disneyland and Disneyworld. Hear his panel on Saturday at 12 pm, and meet him on Saturday and Sunday with a photo or autograph.
- Nathan Fillion was the voice of Johnny J. Worthington III in Monsters University, and you’ll hear him as a new character, Sterling, in Cars 3 in theatres on June 16, 2017. Plus, in an interview with Where Calgary Nathan told us that when he goes to Disneyland his favourite rides are Radiator Springs Racers, Soarin — “I just think it’s such a neat ride” — and Jungle Cruise. “People are going to laugh at me for this, but Jungle Cruise holds a special place in my heart,” Fillion says. “It really does. I just like being in the water in that little jungle, I just think it’s an excellent journey. I really enjoy it.” Hear his panel on Friday at 8 pm, and meet him on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Wallace Shawn is the voice of Rex in the loveable Toy Story franchise. Hear his panel on Saturday at 2:30 pm, or meet him on Saturday and Sunday.
- If you’re a fan of the Disney Infinity video games, you’ll recognize the voice of Ruth Connell as Merida. Hear her panel on Friday at 6 pm, or meet her Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Jeremy Renner, who has played Hawkeye in several Marvel movies including The Avengers and Captain America: Civil War, will be there on Saturday and Sunday. Hear his panel on Sunday at 2:45 pm.
- Get an original graphite sketch of your favourite Disney character created by licensed Disney, Star Wars, and Marvel artist Robert Bailey — and meet the artist, too.
- Meet artist Marco Bucci who has done illustrations for Disney and Star Wars.
- Shop over 600 vendors in the vendor marketplace to find Disney memorabilia, costumes, artwork, comics, and more.
For tickets and more information, visit calgaryexpo.com. Tickets must be purchased in advance and are not sold at the door. Panels are included with admission, but autographs and photographs with the media guests are an additional fee. Photo opportunities can be purchased online in advance, and will be available on-site if there is availability. Autographs are available on-site and are cash only.